100 reasons I'm better than you

A catalogue of the 100 reasons that I'm better than the readers of this. Maybe I won't be better than each of you for every reason, but I'm sure there'll be at least one reason why I'm specifically better than YOU

Don't be silly. This is the best it gets. Why are you thinking of looking somewhere else? Perhaps through some strange masochistic desire, you can already think of a reason that I'm better than you that I have yet to enumerate. If so, get in contact, after removing instructions not to spam...

23 June, 2007

25. The water I drink is better than the water you drink

I live in London, and as a result, I get my water after it's already been drunk by at least 6 other people. Whereas some of you will have to put up with water that's only been through the odd sewage works, or (if you're either particularly poor or particularly flush with cash) if you've been reduced to drinking water from a mountain spring, it will only have been filtered through a few thousand metres of rock. Well, natural aquifers are nothing special, and neither is a few mechanical devices used to reclaim waste water. I'm substantially better off than you, because my water has been filtered through at least 6 other people's kidneys. These are things that have evolved over millenia (ok, at least decades if you're that into Intelligent Design) to filter out muck and filth. I really don't think that either relying on a few tonnes of rock, or some Victorian engineer's idea of sanitation, can really compare with the glory of human-kidney-filtered-water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home