100 reasons I'm better than you

A catalogue of the 100 reasons that I'm better than the readers of this. Maybe I won't be better than each of you for every reason, but I'm sure there'll be at least one reason why I'm specifically better than YOU

Don't be silly. This is the best it gets. Why are you thinking of looking somewhere else? Perhaps through some strange masochistic desire, you can already think of a reason that I'm better than you that I have yet to enumerate. If so, get in contact, after removing instructions not to spam...

27 June, 2005

8. I can read much faster than you

For example:

Lord of the Rings: 8 hours. Not wishing to belabour the point, but that's shorter than it would take you to watch Peter's Jackson's adaptation. Which would also be a waste of time, mind you, as his previous work is clearly superior.

And it's not just dry reworkings of middle England that my voracious brain can gobble up. With things to do and copious distractions, I can still read at least a book a day. That is, until supplies run out; but that makes me pretty special compared to the rest of you, who are all having to ration the time you spend reading books, rather than ration the number of books you read in a specific time.

There is one disadvantage I must admit to - I suffer badly on long journeys. Very badly. Whilst some people can gainfully employ themselves with reading the Sun between stations on a train, to have enough reading matter to stave off boredom I'd need to cart an encylcopedia or two around. As it is, before we've pulled out of Paddington I've read most things twice. And let's not even start on FHM...

7 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesnt make you bettter than me - that just makes you more of a freak than me.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Mr Cushtie said...

Er... Actually, it does. After all, being able to read fast meant that if I had been you, then I would have read my comment, and not embarrassed myself by mispelling 'better'. I guess you must be revelling in your anonymity to save your blushes.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor poor you you dont get to enjoy the books you read and not doing the author justice by absorbing the STORY!
:P

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's have a race

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's have a race

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's have a race

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Mr Cushtie said...

Righto, Mr Anonymous. What are we going to start reading?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home