100 reasons I'm better than you

A catalogue of the 100 reasons that I'm better than the readers of this. Maybe I won't be better than each of you for every reason, but I'm sure there'll be at least one reason why I'm specifically better than YOU

Don't be silly. This is the best it gets. Why are you thinking of looking somewhere else? Perhaps through some strange masochistic desire, you can already think of a reason that I'm better than you that I have yet to enumerate. If so, get in contact, after removing instructions not to spam...

02 June, 2005

4. I don't watch television

I don't watch television.

That's right, while the rest of you get home and turn the shit pump on, to starting flooding your living rooms with the effluvia that every channel broadcasts, I'm doing something worthwhile. What? Well, that depends on the day of the week, and what I feel like. (This list here may enlighten you somewhat, although to keep some mystery in my life I haven't written down what happens on which day). I'm not beholden to the schedule for Eastenders, or fixated on Eloise de Toite's breasts, or desperate to get back to see the latest thrilling instalment of Big Brother. And I'm not complaining about there not being anything decent on tonight either. I just do not care. There are more important things in the world, you see?

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...So why were you discussing the plot of Dr. Who with me the other day? Surely you did not listen to it on the radio, or watch it upon a haunted fish tank?

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Mr Cushtie said...

Toby, Toby, when will you learn? Those as literate as myself have recourse to newspapers and magazines, with their printed schedules and reviews of television programmes. It is as easy as lying for me to determine the plot of Dr Who from these materials, and thus be capable of conversing with the lumpenproletariat about the adventures displayed therein.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but you weren't discussing the plot in a general sense, you were discussing the program in a detailed and specific way. Details that unless you were meerly quoting a review or other second-hand discussion of the program, which you did not appear to be, would not have been apparent to you.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Mr Cushtie said...

If you don't believe me, I'll just have to refer you to reason 8. A person without this advantage might find it hard to countenance the amount of knowledge I can sift from newspapers and other published media, but I understand that my superiority may be hard to accept.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home